Monday, October 24, 2011

lawn games...

during our wedding we had lots of lawn games: ladder golf, jenga, and cornhole.  i'm quite certain that o's friends played cornhole almost non-stop that weekend...
andrew, christina, o, and i have decided that we are going to attempt (as a group) to make a few sets of cornhole.  wish us luck!
i heart all games...lawn games, board games, word games, all of them.  i'd say i'm not competitive, but that isn't quite true.  however, i can say that in recent years i've become less competitive.  what i loved about the games at our wedding was that they weren't really winning games...they were social games.  i loved looking over during the weekend as friends placed jenga blocks atop a wobbly tower, sunk a bean bag, or settled in to watch a game.

ahhh good (non-competitive) times!

photo credit: christina wnek

8 comments:

  1. ok, cornhole has got to be the worst name for a game....but i love playing it. i would have been one of the peeps playing all weekend and challenging everyone. (i used to be the pitcher on my HS softball team and it all comes back to me when i plat that silly, awesome game.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,

    I thought you might be interested in trying Throquet. It can be played in any outdoor setting, by all ages; but it is really great for boisterous adults who are looking for a relaxed social lead-in to a great summer picnic.

    I invented it because my yard has never been flat enough for croquet.

    You can look it over at www.facebook.com/throquet or at www.throwuet.com.

    I hope you like it!

    Regards,

    Jim Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I search many blog about the outdoor games but did not get many specific detail about the this topic but your blog have allot of information about my topic which I always searching.
    giant games

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blog provide a very important details about the best projector for gaming and i really appreciate it.
    best projector for gaming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and informative blog and about the gamescom and I must appreciate your work well done keep it up.
    gamescom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love it and amazing information about the anime convention it's really good and great information well done.
    anime convention

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Post is very useful, I am truly to this blog which is specially design about the kahalui escape room, It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really appreciate your blog.
    kahalui escape room

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails