Thursday, February 17, 2011

a new direction...

after almost ten years of designing invitations, stationery, business cards, and more...i'm taking a break for a while...maybe for a really (really) long while!  coming to this decision was a long and at times yucky process, but when i really sat down and thought about where i want to put my energy, what is motivating/inspiring to me right now, and what my goals are for the coming years...design wasn't the answer to any of those questions.  once i realized that, it was incredibly freeing...so it is with excitement that i share this news with you!

if you are looking for someone to help you with invitations, fear not!  i have lots of talented friends who freelance.  just shoot me an email and i'll connect you with one of them.

my office is now just an entirely creative space...for writing, yoga, sewing, crafting, and more!  maybe i need a new name for it...studio, craft room, my nook.  whatever it is called...it is currently in full swing.  right now i am in the midst of making my dad's 60th birthday present, which i can show you next week. and with all my free time i can try to figure out what exactly is living between our first and second floor...a mouse, a squirrel, or something else entirely.  oh jeez.

a very special thanks to each and every person whom i designed something for...
from caren (the first)...to jani (the last)!

photo credit

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this decision, Jill!! I am excited for you and know you have only great (and creative!) things to come!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails