- everyone who worked in customer service was this good and happy at their job.
- all companies had a product guarantee as simple and customer focused as l.l. bean.
- you had something to bring back because it broke, it wasn't what you wanted, or you were dissatisfied and the person you dealt with said "i completely understand, you're right" from the very second you arrived at the counter. how refreshing! no need for a manager. no need for raised voices. no storming off. just quality customer service.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
i just love the colors of the barn and the sign...and that when you open the door there's a fridge right there.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
- when cashiers open a new checkout lanes at the grocery store
- using q-tips the way you aren't supposed to use them
- intergenerational dancing
- the moment at a concert after the lights go out and before the band comes on stage
- bakery air
- using all the different soaps and shampoos in someone else's shower
- when you get the milk to cereal ratio just right
- pushing those little buttons on the soft drink cup lid
- when you push the button for the elevator and it's already there
- saying the same thing as a sports commentator says just before they say it
- squeezing through a door as it's shutting without touching it
- listening to couples tell you how they met
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
1. your wonderful blog and how it allows us to be a part of your daily life even when we’re separated by great distances!
2. how you allow your friends to be your personal hairdressers and even give them second chances after they royally mess up (hair always grows back!).
3. your amazing bursts of creativity and how you can whip up anything in seconds.
4. your quick wit and great timing. no one delivers a dirty joke quite like you!
5. your love of board games...even if you are a little competitive at times!
6. answer: jill sady. question: who is ridiculously loyal to alex trebek?
7. the merkin shop – always funny! (if you don't know what that is, look it up!)
8. you are a dreamer and a schemer.
9. how you think everyone should write a blog because you think everyone has something valuable to say.
10. your love of guster and "arrested development".
11. you’ve got a great style all your own.
12. your twinkly eyes.
13. the creative gift giving.
14. the coolest purple leather jacket.
15. your love of maine and your constant campaigning to get everyone in your life to move there!
16. how quick you are to drop everything to support a friend during a tough time, and - if the situation calls for it - offer them a ginger chew!
17. you find beauty everywhere – color, nature, people.
18. you always know when someone needs a cheerleader and are happy to fill that role J
19. the limitless and insightful questions.
20. your ridiculously amazing memory!
21. your love of bridges in songs.
22. your stalwart commitment to self growth. you inspire those around you to better themselves.
23. you constantly challenge yourself – the book you’re writing, your yoga certification, running a marathon, the outward bound trip, and much more!
24. that you’ve reconnected with your high school boyfriend!
25. your community organizing skills.
26. your depth and passion.
27. how you want to be a doula to help women in a personal and profound way.
28. your love of trader joe's and whole foods.
29. the way you devour nonfiction books.
30. you are classic in every way.
and a few extra for good luck!
*your impressive and diligent flossing regimen.
*10-minute lunchtime phone chats!
*the easter egg hunt you plan each year at your parents' house
*your love of list-making.
*your infectious laugh.
*who you are inside and out!
we love you jill,
abby, jana and tobi
(and a special thanks to the sady family for all the wonderful pictures)
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
first pick out your fabric, i chose an amy butler print and blue felt to give it a little stability.
here is the template i used...
you will have six pieces in total. four sides and two front pieces.
sew in the elastic band. then hide the poms on the inside and sew the top together as shown
i then sewed the bottom two panels together and flipped it right-side-out leaving the bottom of one panel and edge.
sew the other side of the elastic in and flip again. now sew the remaining open bottom panel closed (i wasn't so perfect about this part)
for the fabric number, i used a double sided tape along with some sticky tack paper and sandwiched the fabric inside. once cut out, i removed the paper backing, placed the number on the finished crown and finally removed the printer paper template.
use any combination of fabrics, poms, rickrack, or trim. they are made to be fun, fast, and simply adorable on your little one year old.