Friday, October 23, 2009

Gifts!

Last night the girls I got together for our weekly hangout and pushed forward on our goal of making lots of handmade Christmas gifts.  This time we met with fleece and washed wool sweaters in hand.  After a quick meal we got to work--making fleece lined mittens out of old sweaters.  For a novice seamstress such as myself, it was no easy task.    

The sweaters I used (courtesy of Kari...who was featured on style me pretty yesterday!)...

Here I am in the process of sewing the sweater cuffs on to the mittens...
And voila...
That makes it look easier than it was, but within 3 hours i had a pair of mittens!  These things are going to keep the lucky Christmas recipient's hands nice and warm.  Will it be you? 

Ooh and speaking of gifts, my friend Matt passed the Rhode Island Bar.  A few months ago I printed business cards for him that said:
Matt Fox
Esquire
617-xxx-xxxx

O made me wait to send them until it was official, we didn't want to jinx anything.  Well yesterday the business cards arrived at his door and I got the best thank you message.  If you ever need a lawyer to handle any sketch business or disputes in Rhodie...he's your guy!

Have a great weekend all and thanks for reading!

I'd like to thank my iPhone for always being around to take photos!

3 comments:

  1. Nice mittens. You are going to give Mitch's Mittens a run for his money.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails